We have found that encouraging parents to volunteer in our classrooms provides many benefits for the children. For example, when you volunteer your time, your child learns:
- That he/she is important to you
- That education is an important part of life
- That you value what he/she does during the day
In addition, when you volunteer your time, the teachers and staff learn:
- How you interact with your child.
- How your child reacts when the day is different than usual.
Finally, when you volunteer your time, you learn:
- What your child is learning in school
- What you can do at home to help your child be successful at school
With this in mind, we have created several different ways you can get involved in your child’s educational experience here at CELC:
- Parent Orientation
- Parent Education
- Parent Conferences
- Parent Advisory Committee
- Program Evaluation
- Classroom Volunteers
* For more information regarding any of the following, please contact your student's teacher *
Note: During the Covid-19 Pandemic Parent Volunteers are not allowed on campus. Once the guidance changes, we will adjust this policy accordingly.